This nut-free paleo pie crust is perfect for sweet or savory recipes. It’s flaky and buttery and super easy to make!
This paleo pie crust is so simple to make! You just combine 5 ingredients together in a food processor and press the dough into a pie dish. No need to roll anything out or make things complicated. Just blend in a food processor, press into a pie pan and bake. That’s it, really.
We learned about a year ago that my husband is allergic to almonds and so I’ve had to get pretty creative with my paleo baked goods. Well, this pie crust is nut free and picky husband approved. It’s surprisingly perfect. It’s so buttery and tasty and well, perfect.
It’s easy to mold with your fingers too – I mean, look at those crimps in the crust! I’m not good at crimping at all – the dough just made it easy. You can just press it up against the pie dish if you want – no need to try to be fancy. But if you want to be fancy, be fancy 🙂
For this crust, I use a combination of tapioca flour (arrowroot works too) and a bit of coconut flour, a pinch of salt, cold butter/ghee and an egg. Together, these ingredients form the most delicious gluten free crust – one that everyone will enjoy.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of the crust and what you make with it!
- 1 ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup cold butter (1 stick) or cold ghee, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- Combine the flours and salt together in food processor, then add the butter and egg and mix until a dough forms. This will all happen right in the food processor.
- Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake at 350F for 15 mins or until browned OR fill the pie with a filling then bake according to the type of pie you are making (e.g. if you are making this pecan pie, you will need to bake for 45 minutes).
- I have and am very happy with this food processor – if you’re looking in the market for a new one 🙂